I. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Suffix: (Mr.)/Mrs./Ms.

2. First Name: Ciel

3. Last Name: Castellanos

4. Date of Birth: 07/27/1987

5. Address: 1921 Liverpool Road, Apt. 26

6. Telephone Number: 10165

II. EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT
1. List all colleges/universities you have attended (including law school) and mention the degree earned from each institution.
(a) Vespucci University, Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice

(b) Vespucci University, Doctor of Jurisprudence

(c) Vespucci University, Master of Laws - Trial Advocacy / Litigation

2. Beginning with your current or most recent employment, list all employment (including self-employment, paid/unpaid internships, and part-time employment) you have held for any period of time.
(a) Barista, Vespucci University Main Gate (1 years)

(b) Intern, Liberty City District Attorney's Office (3 years, on-off during education)

(c) Rocco's Corner Store - Co-owner/self employed (current)

III. MORAL CHARACTER AND FITNESS
1. Have you ever been a party to any civil suit or proceeding?
Yes/(No) (If YES, you must provide the case number if asked to do so by a bar examiner.)

2. Have you ever been arrested, cited or ticketed for, or charged with any violation of the law?
Yes/(No) (If YES, you must list all offenses including traffic violations.)

3. Have you ever received mental health counseling or been hospitalized for mental health reasons?
Yes/(No)

4. Have you ever applied for admission to the Bar of San Andreas in the past?
Yes/(No) (If YES, you must specify the number of applications you filed.)

IV. AFFIDAVIT AND RELEASE OF INFORMATION
I have responded to all inquiries on this form fully and frankly, and all the information contained in my application is true and correct.
I hereby give my consent to the Board of Bar Examiners to conduct an investigation as to the information provided in my application and to make inquiries and request such information from third parties.
Date: 02/16/2018
Signature

Ciel S. Castellanos

(( V. OUT OF CHARACTER ))
1. List all of your current and past characters. Provide an admin record for each character.

Ciel Castellanos is my only character.

2. Why do you wish to become a lawyer and how do you plan to roleplay as one? (Effort is required.)
My reasoning for becoming an attorney is a continued general interest in the law, as well as an ongoing effort in my real life to get into law school. My intentions as far as RP go are above board. I intend to be a polite, courteous professional whose primary clients are the business interests of Rocco's Corner Store and freelance clients obtained insofar as there's no conflicts of interest. Eventually, after a bit of experience is gained, I might seek employment with the public defender's office or the district attorney's office.

3. Do you have any knowledge of the Penal Code and Acts of San Andreas? Explain in a few sentences.
Yes. The Penal Code, last revised/amended this month (February 2018) on the 4th, is a document outlining all criminal charges that may be laid against a person, people, or corporate personhood. It sorts offense into three classifications; Infraction (minor), Misdemeanor (moderate), and Felony (severe). Variations of punishments can result in fines, jail time, and revocation of semi-applicable licenses (eg. violent crime, lose gun license). The knowledge of individual offenses is generally sought on an ass-needed basis, but consistent knowledge will be easily gained through repetitious actions of more common offenses. The various acts are pieces of standing legislation put into action to govern the rule of law itself, and can directly effect both civil (eg. tenant/landlord act 2016, rent dispute) and criminal (open carry assurance/regulation act, open carry in a non-open carry zone) charges/allegations in a court of law and in the proceedings of general business.

4. Do you have any knowledge of American Law? Explain in a few sentences.
Yes. I'm fairly decently versed in the constitution's amendments; 1-3 are personal liberty amendments with focuses on 1. the stopping of congress from preventing free speech/religion/assembly/petition, 2. the right of the organized militia (and individuals, per the Supreme Court decision of District of Columbia v. Heller), and 3. the right to refuse soldiers quarter in a private residence, even in times of war. Amendments 4-8 are of the direct intent to safeguard the interests of justice; 4. protection against unreasonable search/seizure, 5. the guarantee of an indictment brought by a grand jury for trials of major crimes/requirement of due process/foundation of double jeopardy/protection from self incrimination/eminent domain requirement of just compensation, 6. the right to a speedy, public trial with a jury of ones peers as well as legal representation/foundation of Miranda warning, 7. the right to a jury trial in federal proceedings and limits judicial discretion in findings of fact, 8. the banishment of cruel and unusual punishment, as well as limitations/safeguards against unreasonable bail and fines. Amendments 9-10, and for space sake the last I'll bring to explanation, 9. outline the unenumerated rights of the individual, including (per SCOTUS) traveling between states, vote, privacy, and bodily autonomy for medical purposes, 10. an outline to define capabilities in governance differing between the states and the federal government. Beyond the constitution, I also have a fairly complete knowledge of general court procedure in civil, criminal, and appellate matters, as well as experience in the writing of legally binding contracts, and binding mediation. I'm confident that if asked to represent any individual, I could do so zealously and in their effective interests to no end, both on here and, short of appearing in court, in the real world.

Juliette Naviaux
Deputy Attorney General
Deputy Attorney General

Re: Ciel Castellanos

Post by Juliette Naviaux » February 22nd, 2018, 7:45 pm

-
Image STATE BAR of SAN ANDREAS

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Castellanos,

You have been selected by the State Bar of San Andreas to be permitted to the following privilege(s):

- to take the San Andreas Bar Examination

Note(s);
  • You will have 48 hours to complete the examination and send it to your proctor. If you fail to complete the examination, you will need to wait (2) weeks in order to re-take the San Andreas Bar Examination.
  • A non-refundable $50,000 fee must be presented at the examination room paid in a check, money order, cash or debit/credit.
    (( Submit $50,000 to /charity in game, take a screenshot, and submit it along with your exam ))
Sincerely,

Natalie Caulfield
State Bar of San Andreas

Juliette Naviaux
Deputy Attorney General
Deputy Attorney General

Re: Ciel Castellanos [ADMITTED]

Post by Juliette Naviaux » February 23rd, 2018, 3:12 pm

-
Image STATE BAR of SAN ANDREAS

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Castellanos,

The State Bar of San Andreas is delighted to report that you achieved a passing score on the February 2018 administration of the San Andreas Bar Examination. Congratulations; you may justly be proud of your achievement.

As a result, you are now licensed to practice in the State of San Andreas. Your issued bar number will be #159.

Please be sure to read the Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) and keep up to date with the latest state bar updates and requirements.

Sincerely,

Valerie Price
State Bar of San Andreas