I. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Suffix: Mr.

2. First Name: Judson

3. Last Name: Beckelhymer

4. Date of Birth: 05/15/1961

5. Address: 992 Alamosa Avenue, Marina, Los Santos 313, San Andreas

6. Telephone Number: 2627

II. EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT
1. List all colleges/universities you have attended (including law school) and mention the degree earned from each institution.

(a) Clemson University - Bachelors of Political Science (B.S.)

(b) Stanford Law School - Doctor of the Science of Law (JSD)

(c) Boston University School of Theology - Master of Sacred Theology (STM)

(d) Stanford University - Master of Public Policy (MPP)

2. Beginning with your current or most recent employment, list all employment (including self-employment, paid/unpaid internships, and part-time employment) you have held for any period of time.

(a) Iowa General Assembly (May 13th, 1998 - February 4th, 2018)

(b) Spokane Valley Fire Department (October 19th, 1995 - March 8th, 1998)

(c) Drew Law Firm, P.C. (September 12th, 1986 - April 2nd, 1994)

(d) United States Army (June 2nd, 1981 - July 5th, 1985)

III. MORAL CHARACTER AND FITNESS
1. Have you ever been a party to any civil suit or proceeding?
No.

2. Have you ever been arrested, cited or ticketed for, or charged with any violation of the law?
No.

3. Have you ever received mental health counseling or been hospitalized for mental health reasons?
No.

4. Have you ever applied for admission to the Bar of San Andreas in the past?
No.

IV. AFFIDAVIT AND RELEASE OF INFORMATION
I have responded to all inquiries on this form fully and frankly, and all the information contained in my application is true and correct.
I hereby give my consent to the Board of Bar Examiners to conduct an investigation as to the information provided in my application and to make inquiries and request such information from third parties.
Date: 02/07/2018

(( V. OUT OF CHARACTER ))
1. List all of your current and past characters. Provide an admin record for each character.
Judson Beckelhymer
Elliot Brown
Thom Hennen
Gregory_Clarkson
Jebediah_Clarkson
Flint_Sawyer
Dice_Maverick
Larskin_Martinvov
Abel_Benedict
Herbert_Martin
Atlas_Brown
Orson_Farley
Aradon_Clarkson
Leviticus_Clarkson
Timothy_Bradshaw

2. Why do you wish to become a lawyer and how do you plan to roleplay as one? (Effort is required.)
I'm not a stranger to court roleplay or litigation and I'd like to get back to doing it. I was formerly apart of the Department of Justice as a Public Defender and then as an Assistant District Attorney from September of 2016 to late October or early November. My BAR Certification was first accepted August of 2016. Within that time, I was able to practice law on behalf of the Department of Justice and I enjoyed my job.

I didn't take full advantage of my status as a licensed attorney at law after leaving the Department of Justice and I didn't start my own law practice, which was foolish on my part. I'm a fan of pro-bono work and most likely will lend myself to taking on cases without payment in return, just so I can build my resume as an attorney and have something to occupy me. I see myself eventually rejoining the Department of Justice as an Assistant District Attorney or a Public Defender in the future, but until then, I plan to open up my own firm and start bringing cases to court.

3. Do you have any knowledge of the Penal Code and Acts of San Andreas? Explain in a few sentences.
Not only was I formerly an Assistant District Attorney and Public Defender for the Department of Justice, but I was also the Legislative Director for the 8th District of San Andreas under Representative Barney Groener. I wrote up acts and ordinances to be discussed in the Chambers and presented by the district representative. These acts and ordinances had to be checked thoroughly for constitutionality with the San Andreas State Constitution to prevent a long and tedious revising process and unfavorable support from other representatives.

I had to keep up to date with any revisions to the Penal Code and the Acts of San Andreas to do my job responsiblty. In short, I know the Penal Code and the Acts of San Andreas because I had a small role in defining it.

From July 29th, 2013 to November 30th, 2013, I was apart of the Los Santos Police Department as a Police Officer until I filed for personal resignation. This job required me to understand the Penal Code in-depth to lawfully execute my job and charge individuals who had been retained in my custody.

4. Do you have any knowledge of American Law? Explain in a few sentences.
While in community college, I majored in religious studies with a minor in criminal justice. I never ended up using my minor for something bigger, like pursuing a job in law enforcement. Though, I have attended a 14-week citizen's police academy program which covered police ethics, use of force, narcotics, firearms training, etc. Other than that, I'm completely self-taught and studied on my own to have an understanding of the law and the judicial system. I know court procedure to a 't', I can reference landmark court cases in history from memory, and I know how the penal and judicial system operate.

Melanie Slater
Secretary of State
Secretary of State

Re: Judson Beckelhymer [ACCEPTED]

Post by Melanie Slater » February 9th, 2018, 10:03 am

-
Image STATE BAR of SAN ANDREAS

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Beckelhymer,

You have been selected by the State Bar of San Andreas to be permitted to the following privilege(s):

- to take the San Andreas Bar Examination

Note(s);
  • You will have 48 hours to complete the examination and send it to your proctor. If you fail to complete the examination, you will need to wait (2) weeks in order to re-take the San Andreas Bar Examination.
  • A non-refundable $10,000 fee must be presented at the examination room paid in a check, money order, cash or debit/credit.
    (( Submit $10,000 to /charity in game, take a screenshot, and submit it along with your exam ))
Sincerely,

Valerie Price
State Bar of San Andreas
Deputy Attorney General Juliette Naviaux also

Melanie Slater
Secretary of State
Secretary of State

Re: Judson Beckelhymer [ADMITTED]

Post by Melanie Slater » February 10th, 2018, 2:07 am

-
Image STATE BAR of SAN ANDREAS

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Becklehymer,

The State Bar of San Andreas is delighted to report that you achieved a passing score on the February 2018 administration of the San Andreas Bar Examination. Congratulations; you may justly be proud of your achievement.

As a result, you are now licensed to practice in the State of San Andreas. Your issued bar number will be #155.

Please be sure to read the Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) and keep up to date with the latest state bar updates and requirements.

Sincerely,

Valerie Price
State Bar of San Andreas
Deputy Attorney General Juliette Naviaux also