I. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Suffix: Dr

2. First Name: Douglas

3. Last Name: Chamberlain

4. Date of Birth: 02/09/1971

5. Address: 199 La Brea Avenue, Marina, Los Santos 313, San Andreas

6. Telephone Number: 1151564

II. EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT
1. List all colleges/universities you have attended (including law school) and mention the degree earned from each institution.
(a) PhD Criminology - The University of Cambridge
During my PhD research in Criminology, I undertook a piece of research into the effect of robust middle management on the performance of new police recruits. My findings suggested that strong, personable individuals appointed to middle manager roles brought out the best in new recruits who performed more successfully, learned more quickly and had a lower failure and drop out rate than those working under managers assessed as "average" or "weak".

(b) Master of Sciences, Criminology - The University of Cambridge

(c) Bachelor of Sciences, Criminal Justice - The University of San Andreas

(d) Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) - The University of Law (United Kingdom)

2. Beginning with your current or most recent employment, list all employment (including self-employment, paid/unpaid internships, and part-time employment) you have held for any period of time.
(a) Internal Affairs Officer, Department of Justice

(b) Police Sergeant, Los Santos Police Department

(c) Security Consultant, Freelance

(d) Police Sergeant, Los Santos Police Department

(e) Police Sergeant, Los Santos Police Department

III. MORAL CHARACTER AND FITNESS
1. Have you ever been a party to any civil suit or proceeding?
Yes (If YES, you must provide the case number if asked to do so by a bar examiner.)

2. Have you ever been arrested, cited or ticketed for, or charged with any violation of the law?
No (If YES, you must list all offenses including traffic violations.)

3. Have you ever received mental health counseling or been hospitalized for mental health reasons?
No

4. Have you ever applied for admission to the Bar of San Andreas in the past?
No (If YES, you must specify the number of applications you filed.)

IV. AFFIDAVIT AND RELEASE OF INFORMATION
I have responded to all inquiries on this form fully and frankly, and all the information contained in my application is true and correct.
I hereby give my consent to the Board of Bar Examiners to conduct an investigation as to the information provided in my application and to make inquiries and request such information from third parties.
Date: 21/11/2017

(( V. OUT OF CHARACTER ))
1. List all of your current and past characters. Provide an admin record for each character.
Miharu Naoki
Fenton Fallon
Charles Castellanos
Justice Roderick
Travis Anderson
Michael Kingsland
Douglas Chamberlain
Rutherford Buchanan
Daniel Lawrence
Ronald Corpus

https://i.imgur.com/BzuQhfI.png
https://i.imgur.com/L3YlH9a.png
https://i.imgur.com/HNyhRKE.png (recent namechange to Douglas Chamberlain)

2. Why do you wish to become a lawyer and how do you plan to roleplay as one? (Effort is required.)
Douglas Chamberlain has extensive practical experience as a law enforcement officer. In 2017 he retired as a police sergeant after becoming disillusioned with policing. His interest in the criminal justice system remained, however. Later in the year, he applied first for a job as the Director of Special Services, which he was unsuccessful in getting. He later applied for a job with the department of justice. During a conversation with his current boss, he was indirectly offered a promotion provided he is able to get his bar licence.

Douglas Chamberlain has extensive law-specific experience, and has been called upon as a consultant on a number of occasions. Douglas Chamberlain is overtly aware of a lawsuit brought against him by the Department of Justice some time ago. His poor experience from this process has motivated him to move into the criminal justice world, and to pursue a career in defence. As a former police officer, he is aware of the tricks that police officers use to bolster their chance of prosecution, and plans to use this experience to rebalance justice in Los Santos.

3. Do you have any knowledge of the Penal Code and Acts of San Andreas? Explain in a few sentences.
I have an extensive knowledge of the Penal Code. I have been a Sergeant a number of times in the LSPD. I was always the go-to person about the specifics of how the law is written. At one point I began producing a video training series (see here.

4. Do you have any knowledge of American Law? Explain in a few sentences.
Having been involved in law enforcement role play since 2008, I have had comprehensive involvement in and experience of, American law. I have read in great depth into constitutional issues and significant cases in American law. I have a politics degree in the real world and much of my study was around American politics and legal issues.
Last edited by Douglas_Chamberlain on November 27th, 2017, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Juliette Naviaux
Deputy Attorney General
Deputy Attorney General

Re: Douglas Chamberlain

Post by Juliette Naviaux » November 22nd, 2017, 4:09 am

-
Image STATE BAR of SAN ANDREAS

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Chamberlain,
The State Bar of San Andreas would like to thank you for showing interest in applying for a license to practice law within the state of San Andreas.

We have received your state bar application but it has come to our attention that one or more of your answers is unsatisfactory or incorrect, but not to a degree of denial.

For these reasons, your application has been placed as pending for the duration of time it takes for you to rectify these errors. Once you have done so, please respond in writing, indicating this.
Reason(s):
  • Add the law school you have attended
You have 72 hours to correct your application, and make sure all of the above was corrected.

Sincerely,

Juliette Naviaux
State Bar of San Andreas

Douglas_Chamberlain

Re: Douglas Chamberlain [PENDING]

Post by Douglas_Chamberlain » November 27th, 2017, 3:15 am

As above, this has been amended.

Please see
(d) Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) - The University of Law (United Kingdom)

Juliette Naviaux
Deputy Attorney General
Deputy Attorney General

Re: Douglas Chamberlain [PENDING]

Post by Juliette Naviaux » December 6th, 2017, 2:00 am

I apologize for the delay.
-

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Chamberlain,

You have been selected by the State Bar of San Andreas to be permitted to the following privilege(s):

- to take the San Andreas Bar Examination

Note(s);
  • You will have 48 hours to complete the examination and send it to your proctor. If you fail to complete the examination, you will need to wait (2) weeks in order to re-take the San Andreas Bar Examination.
  • A non-refundable $10,000 fee must be presented at the examination room paid in a check, money order, cash or debit/credit.
    (( Submit $10,000 to /charity in game, take a screenshot, and submit it along with your exam ))
Sincerely,

Juliette Naviaux
State Bar of San Andreas

Douglas_Chamberlain

Re: Douglas Chamberlain [ACCEPTED]

Post by Douglas_Chamberlain » January 4th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Was unable to send at time.
https://i.imgur.com/BEjb0qN.png

Juliette Naviaux
Deputy Attorney General
Deputy Attorney General

Re: Douglas Chamberlain [ADMITTED]

Post by Juliette Naviaux » February 3rd, 2018, 6:00 am

-

OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

Dear Mr. Chamberlain,

The State Bar of San Andreas is delighted to report that you achieved a passing score on the January 2018 administration of the San Andreas Bar Examination. Congratulations; you may justly be proud of your achievement.

As a result, you are now licensed to practice in the State of San Andreas. Your issued bar number will be #152.

Please be sure to read the Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) and keep up to date with the latest state bar updates and requirements.

Sincerely,

Valerie Price
State Bar of San Andreas